Weclome to Lakeside Bowmen, joining our friendly club is quite a simple process.
How old do you need to be!
Archery is fun for the whole family, ages range from 8 to 80+ years of age. Its a great way to get out and about. The following are the ABA age grouping:
- Cub: 8 years to 12 years of age,
- Junior: 13 years to 16 years of age,
- Adult: 17 years and over
IFAA also has a Young Adult as an intermediate age grouping - those aged 16 + 17 y.o.
How to join as a new member
This flowchart How to join - new member outlines the process of joining the club as a probationary member.
If you are a probationary member then you don't need to join ABA until your three months are up unless you intend to shoot an inter-club shoot.
Click here to go to the ABA website: http://www.bowhunters.org.au
How to join transferring from another club
If you are a member of an existing club you can transfer to Lakeside Bowmen. This flowchart How to join - transferring to our club outlines the process of transferring to our club.
Benefits of joining ABA
Membership with ABA gives you the following benefits:
- Insurance Coverage
- You will receive bi-monthly "Archery Action" magazine
- Rights to attend local and interclub shoots, National Championships, Regional and World IFAA Championships
- Recognised as a full voting Club Member