Weclome to Lakeside Bowmen, joining our friendly club is quite a simple process.
How old do you need to be!
Archery is fun for the whole family, ages range from 8 to 80+ years of age. Its a great way to get out and about. The following are the ABA age grouping:
- Cub: 8 years to 12 years of age,
- Junior: 13 years to 16 years of age,
- Adult: 17 years and over
IFAA also has a Young Adult as an intermediate age grouping - those aged 16 + 17 y.o.
How to join
The process is outlined in the following flowcharts:
As well as joining Lakeside Bowmen, you will need to joined the ABA (Australian Bowhunters Association).
If you are a probationary member then you don't need to join ABA until your three months are up unless you intend to shoot an inter-club shoot.
Click here to go to the ABA website: http://www.bowhunters.org.au
Benefits of joining ABA
Membership with ABA gives you the following benefits:
- Insurance Coverage
- You will receive bi-monthly "Archery Action" magazine
- Rights to attend local and interclub shoots, National Championships, Regional and World IFAA Championships
- Recognised as a full voting Club Member
For new Ordinary Full Member fees include a one off joining fee. The joining fees are outlined below:
- Family (inc $15.00 joining fee)
- Adult (inc $10.00 joining fee)
- Junior/cub (inc $5.00 joining fee)
Membership fees renewals fall due 1st June each year. If your club membership isn't paid by 31 July, you will need to pay the joining fee again.
Full Ordinary Membership Fees
1 July to 30 Sept
1 Oct to 31 Sept
1 Jan to 31 Mar
1 Apr to 30 Jun
Working Bee Levi
Members need to attend a minimum of 50% working bees a year, else a $40 working bee Levi is included in your membership fees.